Things to bring on placement
It is important to be prepared for placement. The list below should help you!
PLEASE bring adequate protective clothing:
- At least two pairs of short sleeved overalls- no rips, tears or holes
- CLEAN gumboots
- CLEAN waterproof pants/apron
- Hat, beanie
- Name badge
Cattle work can be very mucky and it is essential that you are protected. You must purchase/borrow protective clothing for this placement in order to get the most out of your time with us. Failure to bring the correct equipment may result in you being unable to participate fully.
Veterinary science is a professional job and we aim to look professional in every instance. Training for this begins as students on clinical placements.
Recommended clothing when not on farm is as follows:
- Clean leather work boots (not joggers, thongs)
- Neat collared shirt (clean polo shirt is acceptable).
- Clean, tidy jeans or similar (jeans with frayed edges, holes and patches are not acceptable).
- Clean, tidy sweater/rugby shirt/jacket.
In order for you to get the most out of your time with us, please show enthusiasm and willingness to learn. We don’t expect you to be an experienced cattle veterinarian but we do expect you to have a good attitude, show respect and be polite to our clients, veterinarians and other staff.