The Vet Group is proud to help educate thee next generation of aspiring vets, vet nurses and administrative staff. We are very happy to take high school work experience students – it will give you a greater understanding of what it’s really like working in a busy vet clinic. We take students at three of our locations, Timboon and Allansford for large animals (dairy) and Wollaston in Warrnambool for companion animals.
During work experience at The Vet Group, you can see behind the scenes and spend time with staff treating a broad range of animals with different conditions. At times the work hours may be unpredictable (you can’t leave a calving halfway through!).
While on work experience at The Vet Group you are required to:
- Bring your own wet weather clothing
- Wear appropriate footwear
- Bring lunch and/or other meals
- Comply with our workplace health and safety policies
- Respect client confidentiality, and agree to not promote your attendance on social media or other tools without prior permission
Places are quite limited, and we encourage students to plan ahead to ensure they don’t miss out. We encourage students to submit a formal letter about their proposed work experience. For further information, please contact email@example.com stating your preferred dates and clinic location.