Our MilkWise team can help you with:
- Milk quality monitoring, including herd test and clinical case data entry and analysis
- In-house milk cultures
- Milking visits to assess vacuum levels, cow behaviour and teat health
- Dry-off advice: the how, what, when, why
- Drying off assistance and/or staff training
- Teatsealing of heifers
- On-farm staff training for the recognition, treatment and prevention of clinical mastitis
- Development of farm treatment protocols and residue avoidance
Please contact us if you are worried about milk quality in your herd or have any questions about our services.
Teatsealing heifers: reducing mastitis at calving
Mastitis in freshly calved heifers is frustrating! Studies have shown that the application of Teatseal into heifers four to six weeks before calving start date can reduce calving time mastitis by 50-80%. These study results have been backed up by what we’ve seen in the field. If you have more than 10% of heifers with clinical or subclinical mastitis in the first month after calving, then Teatseal is likely to be a profitable investment. With our hydraulic tipping crushes and experienced team, we make the task of infusing Teatseal in your heifers hygienic, easy and safe. Click here to see a video of our tipper crush in action.
In-house milk cultures
Identifying what mastitis pathogens are present in your herd helps you focus on key areas for prevention. We now offer an in-house milk culture service that is cheap, easy and quick – in most cases we have results the next day. This rapid turn around means that treatment can be tailored for individual cases. Click here for guidelines on how to collect a sterile milk sample so that you get best value for your money.